To learn how to use Pretender within an occupant's profile in Pilera. Pretender is a valuable customer support tool managers can use to see exactly what a specific resident is seeing in their resident portal to help guide them or troubleshoot issues.
The pretender icon can be found in each resident's profile on the personal tab.
- Click on the Community tab to take you to the Occupants listing page.
- Click on the occupant that you want to use Pretender for. You will be directed to that occupant's personal profile.
- In the personal tab, click on the "eye" icon to "Pretend to be this occupant".
- In the dialog window that opens confirming if you want to pretend as the occupant, click "Okay".
- You now have entered the Pretender session and will be able to see exactly what your resident has access to in the resident portal.
- To exit Pretender, simply click on "End Pretender Session" at the top of your screen.
Important notes about Pretender:
- Through the pretender session, a manager can only view one occupant's unit view at a time. To view another unit for an occupant in pretender mode, first "End Pretender Session", click on the other unit in the Occupants listing page, and follow the above steps to re-enter Pretender.
- A resident's data cannot be edited in the pretender session. To make changes to the data, first "End Pretender Session", click on the resident's profile, and proceed to update the information.
Within a few clicks, you can use the pretender session to view exactly what a resident is viewing in their portal. This is a very useful tool to use in your resident interactions and support calls/emails.